A Ruby-based implementation of a Cisco Type-7 Password Encryptor/Decryptor
- Written in Ruby - First and only Cisco Type-7 implementation in Ruby that I know of.
- Minimal/No Dependancies - Uses native Ruby to do it's work, no heavy dependancies.
- Not Just a Script - Implementation is portable for use in another project or for automation of tasks.
- Simple - It is a small project so the interfaces are simple and easy to use.
- Encrypt & Decrypt - Supports both encryption (with seed control) and decryption operations.
To install, type
gem install c7decrypt
To install w/ "HighSecurity", type
gem cert --add <(curl -Ls https://raw.github.com/claudijd/c7decrypt/master/certs/claudijd.pem) gem install c7decrypt -P HighSecurity
Example Command-Line Usage
c7decrypt -h to get this
Usage: c7decrypt [option] [hash/file] -s, --string [HASH] A single encrypted hash string -f, --file [FILE] A file containing multiple hashes -h, --help Show this message Example: c7decrypt -s 04480E051A33490E Example: c7decrypt -f config.txt
Example Library Usage(s)
To use, just require
Decrypt Cisco Type-7 Password
>> C7Decrypt::Type7.decrypt("060506324F41") => "cisco"
Encrypt Cisco Type-7 Password
>> C7Decrypt::Type7.encrypt("cisco") => "02050D480809"
Encrypt Cisco Type-5 Password
>> C7Decrypt::Type5.encrypt("cisco") => "$1$CQk2$d62sxZKKAp7PHXWq4mOPF."
To checkout the current build status for these rubies, click here.
If you are interested in contributing to this project, please see CONTRIBUTING.md
Sources of Inspiration for C7Decrypt
- Daren Matthew - For his blog post on the subject aggregating tools and sources that perform the decryption/decoding logic.
- m00nie - For the blog post on the subject, the source code of type7tool.pl and it's encryption techniques.
- Roger Nesbitt (mogest) - For the unix-crypt Ruby library that demonstrates Unix MD5 hashing schemes.
Application(s) that use C7Decrypt
- Marcus J Carey - For his web application implementation of this on the ThreatAgent website. Check it out and start decrypting Cisco type-7 passwords right now.