Hey, I'm Clem
I’m a passionate software developer producing efficient applications for web and mobile, using best practices and innovative technologies.
I strive for maintainable products, clean and efficient codebases, and well organised teams where standards, tools, and processes smooth the development to deployment journey.
Naturally curious, I work to maintain a broad range of skills, from web and mobile tech, to DevOps, to team development.
Ultimately, I enjoy producing beautiful, clean, solid and meaningful products.
November 2018 - present
- Responsible for the scoping, refactoring and ongoing development of the fuseAware back-end application using Laravel, VueJS and TDD, in an Agile environment
- Helping streamline the software and infrastucture architecture in order to improve scalability and maintainability of the back-end application
- Ensuring the back-end application meets the KPIs defined for performance and uptime, and that the code deployed is tested, reliable and fit for purpose
March 2017 - October 2018
- Working at every technical level of a project, from supervision to implementation, working closely with the project manager, our DevOps team, and the developers
- Responsible for overseeing the expertise of the tech department by establishing standards, and streamlining processes and toolchains
- Developing applications in object oriented PHP frameworks like Laravel using TDD and SOLID principles (just to name a few)
- Developing and deploying mobile applications for clients using technologies like Appcelerator Titanium, Node.js and Web APIs
March 2014 - March 2017
- Progressing from junior to senior, taking responsibility for retainer projects and project management
- Developing applications in object oriented PHP frameworks like CodeIgniter, Laravel, and Silverstripe
- Working with other technologies like Appcelerator Titanium and Node.js, especially for R&D projects like UX Companion, a glossary of user experience terminology downloaded more than 50,000 times
January 2011 - March 2014
- Transitioned to a full time web developer after a one year training contract while finishing my M.Sc thesis on modern web development and responsive web design
- First applied Agile methodology, project management, and account management for a small team of four
- First experimented with truly native mobile development, using the emerging Appcelerator Titanium platform
- Contributed to the open-source movement and web dev community by writing articles for lafermeduweb.net and volunteering at conferences like the Blend Web Mix and La Cuisine Du Web
Skills & Technologies
- Appcelerator Titanium + Alloy MVC
Grunt / Gulp / Webpack,
Progressive Web Apps,
- Code Review