I noticed you made your first contribution to OpenStreetMap. Congratulations, and thanks! As of now, you can consider yourself part of the US OSM community. Your edit is live within a couple of minutes. You may have to refresh your browser to see your edit.
If you have any questions at all, we can help out: you think you might have broken something, you’re in doubt how to map something particular, or you just want to know more about OpenStreetMap, contact us!
Here are some useful things to get you started:
- A lot of information about mapping is available on our wiki-pages. If you don’t find how to map something within the editor of your choice, the quickest solution is look at Map Features on the wiki. For more complicated questions you can search in or post on the Help-site or ask the forum.
- Join the OpenStreetMap US Chapter's Slack. Slack is a collaboration tool for OSM mappers, organizers, and developers. We even have our own #Washington_State channel and a dedicated #Telsa channel.
- learnOSM is a good place to learn more about OSM. Instructions are available for using the iD browser editor and the more advanced JOSM editor.
- Pokemon Go players might be interested in these tips
- If you want to keep up to date on the going-ons in the United States community, follow @OpenStreetMapUS on Twitter or the Facebook Group
- Join one of the many Meetup groups.
- If you are in the the King County area join the OpenStreetMap Seattle Meetup Group
- or if you live north of Seattle join the Central Salish Sea Meetup Group
- or if you live in the Portland, Or area, join the Portland OSM Meetup group
- Or subscribe to the US mailing list. We even have a local mailing list for the Puget Sound Area
- Want to see who’s mapping near you, or want to see how much you’ve been doing yourself, check out the maps at resultmaps.neis-one.org.
- There’s a weekly newsletter about the global community, to which you can subscribe here.
- If you are a business owner and want to learn how to add OpenStreetMap to your website, check out the site Switch2OSM
Clifford AKA Glassman