CD.DateFieldView -- A Datefield and Calendar Picker for Sproutcore
This is a beta release of a view I started for a project I was working on. I was surprised that Sproutcore did not have such a view or a calendar picker. While I can't pretend to be a proficient SC coder yet, my hope is that through some input and collaboration with more experienced community members we can produce something worthy of inclusion.
- Datefield validation
- Accepts any known date format via built-in localization (native Javscript)
- Calendar popup for quick selection or visualization
- Integer operations relative to today's date (e.g.
+1would be today+1 day,
Needs (incompletes, TODO, etc.)
- Render is a mess due to my limited understanding of the view-layer (calendar)
- Cleaner binding interface (datefield)
- Needs dynamic resizing and position awareness - but at this point I do not know how to do this (both)
- Needs month drop-down selector as opposed to just incremental scrolling (calendar)
- Possibly remove statechart from view?
- Possibly make use of Dynamic CSS (SC.CSSStyleSheet)?
The DateFieldView has been tested with the following browsers:
Version 5.0.5 (6533.21.1)
HOW TO USE
You can use it as-is or for testing/development purposes (please!) by including it as a framework in your project/app. I would recommend cloning the git repo and then symlinking it into your frameworks directory.
Make sure you have also required sproutcore/statechart.