A Clojure trace tool. Defines tracing macros/fns to help you see what your code is doing.
Formerly known as clojure.contrib.trace.
See the tools.trace API Reference.
Latest stable release: 0.7.8
Leiningen dependency information:
Maven dependency information:
<dependency> <groupId>org.clojure</groupId> <artifactId>tools.trace</artifactId> <version>0.7.8</version> </dependency>
(use 'clojure.tools.trace) (trace (* 2 3)) ;; To trace a value (trace tag (* 2 3)) ;; To trace a value and assign a trace tag (deftrace fubar [x v] (+ x v)) ;; To trace a function call and its return value (trace-forms (+ 1 3) (* 5 6) (/ 1 0)) (trace-ns myown.namespace) ;; To dynamically trace/untrace all fns in a name space (untrace-ns myown.namespace) (trace-vars myown.namespace/fubar) ;; To dynamically trace/untrace specific fns (untrace-vars myown.namespace/fubar)
Release 0.7.8 March 15, 2013: Luc Préfontaine
- Fixed README
Release 0.7.7 March 14, 2013: Luc Préfontaine
- Replaced def by declare in deftrace macro
- Remove unnecessary call to run-tests in test suite
- Trace only functions in trace-vars*
- Added missing cond in clone-throwable on a Throwable
- Do not allow trace-vars* to reapply tracing on an already traced function
Release 0.7.6 Aug 23, 2013: Luc Préfontaine
- Fixed crash of throwable tracing when no string based constructor exists
Release 0.7.5 Dec 1, 2012: Luc Préfontaine
- Fixed README and comments in source file
Release 0.7.4 Dec 1, 2012: Luc Préfontaine
- added traced? and traceable/ fns
- removed reflection warnings
Release 0.7.3 March 4, 2012: Luc Préfontaine
- added macro wrappers around fns allowing dynamic tracing.
Release 0.7.2 Feb. 20, 2012: Luc Préfontaine
- added contribution from Michał Marczyk and Don Jackson to allow dynamic tracing of fn vars and all fns in a given namespace.
- Release 0.7.1 on 2011-09-18
- moved it to new contrib modular struct
- made it 1.2/1.3 compliant
- supported doc strings
- added a trace-form macro, from Jonathan Fischer
- Changes from clojure.trace
- replaced trace-out with tracer
- made trace a function instead of a macro (suggestion from Stuart Halloway)
- added trace-fn-call
Copyright (c) Stuart Sierra, Michel Salim, Luc Préfontaine, Jonathan Fischer Friberg, Michał Marczyk, 2011-2012. All rights reserved. The use and distribution terms for this software are covered by the Eclipse Public License 1.0 (http://opensource.org/licenses/eclipse-1.0.php) which can be found in the file epl-v10.html at the root of this distribution. By using this software in any fashion, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this license. You must not remove this notice, or any other, from this software.