Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Help your fellow attendees find awesome ways to eat, drink and be merry while visiting Baltimore for Clojure/conj!
Food & Drinks
- Red Star
- Mt Vernon Marketplace - Modern restaurants-only style market. Great diversity of options.
- Cross Street Market - Classic Bmore market
- Lexington Market - Classic Bmore market; get the crab cakes from Faidley's
- Clavel - Tacos, tapas, fancy drinks. Off the beaten path. Get the queso, it comes in a tiny cast iron pan and the crispy cheese at the end is amazing.
- One Eyed Mikes - Grand Marnier bar with the largest selection in the world.
- Brewer’s Art - brewpub in Mt Vernon. Excellent fries.
- Owl Bar - food + drinks in an iconic bar at the Belvedere, a historic Beaux Arts style building in Mt Vernon
- Colette - Now rebranded as Bottega, same location but featuring an Italian menu.
- Fogo de Chao
- The Gathering Food Truck (maybe)
- Miss Shirley’s - well loved Bmore breakfast option. May want to reserve or get there early.
- Golden West - Western style food, staffed almost entirely by Baltimore artists and musicians. Their breakfast burritos are excellent.
- Byblos - informal mediterranean
- RHouse - Modern restaurant-only market. Many great options, also has a bar, ice cream shop.
- Zella’s Pizzeria
- Trinacria - Amazing italian deli + grocery.
- HarborQue - Fantastic BBQ. Their sweet tea is perhaps the best in all of Baltimore.
- David & Dad’s - Breakfast + lunch, cafe, good local food.
- Lebanese Taverna - Good place for a nice dinner. Lebanese food.
- Abbey Burger - Build your own burger, one of the best burgers in town.
- Little Havana - Cuban food, chill place to hang on the water.
- Helmand - Good place for a nice dinner. Afghani food.
- Akbar Restaurant Indian
- Lumbini Restaurant Indian
- Nam Kang - Korean, open super duper late
- Mi Comalito - Casual El Salvadoran
- Gunther & Co
- Woodberry Kitchen
- Wit & Wisdom
Vegan & Vegetarian
- Red Emma’s - communist bookstore + coffeeshop. Vegan + vegetarian options abound.
- Charmington's - cafe
- Grind House
- On The Hill Cafe
- Park Cafe
- Terra Cafe - soul food, many vegetarian options
- Land of Kush - vegetarian soul food.
- Sweet 27 - offers gluten-free food, many vegetarian options. Indian fusion.
- Pauli Gees - recently opened, has beautiful huge ovens imported directly from italy. In Hampden.
- Brick Oven Pizza - by the slice, cooked in a brick oven.
- Joe Squared - Good fancy pizza, also does good salads and risotto.
- Blazed Pizza - Downtown pizza jawn, makes pizzas to order.
- Attmans - excellent deli downtown.
- Pratt Street Ale House - brewpub very near the conference hotel
- WC Harlan - Cocktail Bar with a focus on atmosphere and classic drinks.
- Rye - Fantastic cocktail bar right by the wharf in Fell's Point.
- Wharf Rat
- The Dizz
- Club Charles
- Mount Royal Tavern - Old school dive bar with a famous recreation of the Sistine Chapel ceiling.
- Bookmakers - Cocktail Bar in Federal Hill. Massive whiskey selection.
- Brewer’s Art
- Brewer’s Cask
- De Kleine Duivel - Authentic Belgian Beer Hall
- Wet City - Local craft brewery
- Max's Taphouse - Beer bar with >50 Taps
- Of Love & Regret - Pub with excellent by-the-glass wine selection
- Fell’s Point - neighborhood on the water, full of local bars + shops. East of the inner harbor.
- Hampden - in North bmore, many bars, restaurants, shops to check out. Don’t miss the giant pink flamingo.
- American Visionary Art Museum - Museum of outsider art. Make sure to check out the Kinetic Sculptures in the barn. Gift shop is also excellent.
- Pierce’s Park - small park in harbor east with permanently installed playable instruments.
- Federal Hill Park + Neighborhood - neighborhood just south of the harbor, full of local bars + restaurants.
- Druid Hill Park - large park in North Bmore; large walking path around a small lake, many carved ‘green men’, beautiful 19th century conservatory
- Conservatory at Druid Hill Park - built in 1888, large ornate greenhouse with beautiful exotic plants.
- Washington Monument - the original. In the middle of lovely parks, just north of downtown. Near the Walters, the Mt Vernon Market, and lots of other great food and drink options.
- Shot Tower
- Greenmount Cemetery - Very old cemetery, has lots of beautiful sculptural grave markers, John Wilkes Booth is buried here.
- Poe House
- Poe Grave
- David and Dad’s
- Bird in Hand
- Bun Shop
- 3 Bean Coffee
- Red Emma’s
- Cat’s eye
- Windup space
- An die musik
- Baltimore Rock Opera
- Listing of music / performances: Showspace, Culture Fly
- Pier 6
- EMP Collective
Sights and Things to Do
- National Aquarium - hot tip, half price tickets on Fridays after Five pm
- B&O Railroad Museum
- Walters - Art Museum in Mt Vernon. Free. Cool stuff they have: Medieval armor, Egyptian artifacts.
- Baltimore Museum of Art - Art Museum in North Bmore. Free. Has a pretty great modern art collection, outdoor sculpture garden.
- Streetcar Museum
- Reginald F Lewis Museum of African American History and Culture
- Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Ghost tour in fells
- Chesapeake Shakespeare Co
- Smaller local theater companies: The Annex, Single Carrot Theater, Psychic Readings, Black Cherry Puppet Theater
- Historic movie theaters: the Senator, the Charles, the Parkway the parkway is screening the classic 1995 movie Hackers Wed Oct 11 at 9 PM link
- Enoch Pratt Library Main Branch
- Atomic Bookstore - Excellent book and comics store. John Waters receives fan mail here. In Hampden.
- Great Blacks in Wax - A pretty weird experience, from what I've heard.
- Dentistry Museum
- Tattoo Museum
Getting around Baltimore
- Charm city circulator - is free
- Light rail - is pretty cheap and good if you're going north/south. Great way to get to the harbor from the airport.
- Water taxis is going to be closed
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.