Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. It implements the standard FMS attack along with some optimizations like KoreK attacks, as well as the all-new PTW attack, thus making the attack much faster compared to other WEP cracking tools.
It can attack WPA1/2 networks with some advanced methods or simply by brute force. It can also fully use a multiprocessor system to its full power in order to speed up the cracking process.
- OpenSSL development package or libgcrypt development package
- If you want to use
-roption in aircrack-ng, SQLite development package
>= 3.3.17(3.6.X version or better is recommended):
- On windows, cygwin has to be used and it also requires w32api and gcc-4 package.
- If you want to use Airpcap, the 'developer' directory from the CD is required.
Strip debugging symbols:
When compile and installing, the following flags can be used and combined to compile and install the suite:
sqlite: needed to compile
airolib-ngand add support for
airolib-ngdatabases in aircrack-ng. On cygwin: SQLite has to be compiled manually. See next section.
airpcap: needed for supporting airpcap devices on windows (cygwin only) REQUIREMENT: Copy 'developers' directory from Airpcap CD one level below this INSTALLING file Note: Not working yet.
unstable: needed to compile
ext_scripts: needed to build
airdrop-ng. Note: Experimental. Each script has its own dependences. Note: It's only required in install phase.
gcrypt: Use libgcrypt crypto library instead of the default OpenSSL. And also use internal fast sha1 implementation (borrowed from GIT)
libnl: Add support for netlink (nl80211). Linux only.
- Dependencies (debian):
- LibNL 1:
- LibNL 3:
- LibNL 1:
Compiling with sqlite and enabling unstable:
make sqlite=true unstable=true
make sqlite=true unstable=true install
Installing, with external scripts:
make sqlite=true unstable=true ext_scripts=true
Compiling with gcrypt:
Using precompiled binaries
- Use your package manager to download aircrack-ng
- In most cases, they have an old version.
- Install the appropriate "monitor" driver for your card (standard drivers doesn't work for capturing data).
- aircrack-ng suite is command line tools. So, you have to open a commandline
Start menu -> Run... -> cmd.exethen use them
- Run the executables without any parameters to have help
Documentation, tutorials, ... can be found on http://www.aircrack-ng.org
See also manpages and the forum.
For further information check the README file