Cloud of Things Java Rest SDK
The Cloud of Things (German Cloud der Dinge) is a platform for the Internet of Things by T-Systems International GmbH. Inside this repository you will find a Java based SDK to interface with the Cloud of Things API.
Current version is: 1.0.5
Add this to your
pom.xml to include the SDK in your Maven Repo
<dependency> <groupId>com.telekom.m2m.cot</groupId> <artifactId>java-rest-client</artifactId> <version>1.0.5</version> </dependency>
Example of a basic connect to the platform:
CloudOfThingsPlatform cotPlatform = new CloudOfThingsPlatform("hostname", new CotCredentials("tenant", "username", "password")); InventoryApi inventoryApi = cotPlatform.getInventoryApi(); inventoryApi.get("idOfManagedObject");
Developers can find further information and examples in the DEVELOPER.md file.
You can find the Java Doc of the latest release here: http://cloud-of-things.github.io/cot-java-rest-sdk/
Short information about what has changed between releases.
- Provide functionality to get all SmartREST Templates by X-ID
- Resolve issue #52: provide http status code in thrown exception in getMeasurement()
- Improve usage of accept and content-type headers in rest client
- Improve usage of OkHttpClient so that lesser resources will be used
- Fix handling of binary data using byte array
- Remove double slashes in rest api paths to avoid http code 404
- Resolve issue #51: provide failure reason for failed operations
- Resolve issue #53: provide a new method for creation NewDeviceRequests
- Handle filters as enum and validate filters supported by cot
- Improve Notification class which now provides realtime action
- Update of okhttp.
- Better integration-tests.
- Better login-process (include tenant in username).
- Improved Examples: Add examples for SDK-Users (see DEVELOPER.md)
- Implemented Sensor Library
- Implemented Binaries API
- Final adjustments for MIT License
- Improve ManagedObject-deserialization
- Credentials for integration tests will be read from environment variables instead of property file
- Refactor device permission handling
- A lot of improvements and cleanups
- Provides and uses SmartRequest/-Response classes
- Complete Device control
- Complete Real-time notifications
- Complete Real-time statements
- Complete Device management library
- Complete Users API
- Complete Retention Rule API
- Complete SmartREST API
- Complete Audit API
- Refactor collection classes extending JsonArrayPagination base class
- Most important change is the removal of right now unused parameter tenant in CloudOfThingsPlatform constructor (See commit 62079fe).
- Unsuccessful creation/store of objects in the CoT will now result in a CotSdkException.
- New method DeviceCredentialsApi.NewDeviceRequest(..).
- MeasurementsApi supports creating measurement collections.
- Improvements, e.g. connection exception handling
- Short information about what has changed between releases.
- Bulk Operations (beta)
- Complete Inventory
- Get ManagedObjects in Collection
- Complete Alarm API
- Retrieve collections
- Update Alarms
- Complete Device Credentials API
- Complete IdentityApi
- Complete Events
- Complete Device registration process
- Implement removal of devices and its belongings
- Complete MeasurementsAPI
- Refactor from single methods to Query objects.
- Filter Date
- Filter FragmentType
- ... and combinations
- DELETE - delete a measurement collection
- Complete Inventory
- DELETE a managed object reference