This is an implementation of the Raft consensus protocol. It can replicate arbitrary data between several servers.
To build this project, simply
Using in another project
This project hosts its own maven snapshot repository on github. To access it, add these lines to your pom.xml:
<repositories> <repository> <id>c5-replicator-mvn-repo</id> <url>https://raw.github.com/OhmData/c5-replicator/mvn-repo/</url> <snapshots> <enabled>true</enabled> <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy> </snapshots> </repository> </repositories>
Then you'll be able to add the project's dependencies:
<dependency> <groupId>c5db</groupId> <artifactId>c5-replicator-api</artifactId> <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version> </dependency>
- c5-replicator-api: Interfaces used by all other modules to communicate with each other, as well as value-type and generated classes referred to by the interfaces
- c5-replicator: Implementation of the consensus protocol logic (see class ReplicatorInstance), as well as networking and starting/stopping the server
- c5-replicator-log: Implementation of the (local disk) log used by the replicator (see class QuorumDelegatingLog)
- c5-replicator-proto: Generated classes and their .proto specs
- c5-replicator-util: Common utilities for implementations and tests
- c5-general-replication: Example usage of all preceding modules to host a three-replicator node all on localhost
- cat-olog: Log-reading utility
Example usage may be found in the test(s) in project module c5-general-replication.
Log-reading utility usage
Provided is a utility for reading the logs generated by the replicator; the code for this utility is in module cat-olog, and it may be run from the command line as:
cat-olog/bin/cat_olog.sh <log file name>
On Mac OSX:
export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8`
For more information about the code and package structure, please see the package-info.java files in the c5-replicator module in package c5db.replication; and in the c5-replicator-log module in package c5db.log, respectively.
C5 is hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/cloud-software-foundation/c5.