An example of using Heroku and Cloudant. It collects tweets for the "couchdb" search term using Twitter"s API, storing them in the "heroku-example" database.
These are the install instructions.
- Clone this repo onto your computer:
git clone https://github.com/cloudant/cloudantHerokuExample.git
Make sure you have set up Heroku properly. See https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/quickstart
Install the Cloudant add-on, specifying the free version (basic):
heroku addons:add cloudant:oxygen
- Create the app on your Heroku account - you will be using the provided Procfile:
- Deploy your code to Heroku:
git push heroku master
- Scale up the worker process:
heroku ps:scale worker=1
- Log into the Cloudant dashboard and view the "heroku-example" database. You will see the stored tweets (may take a few minutes to show up depending on the Twitter Search API and latency) and can write views against them.
This project uses grunt (https://github.com/cowboy/grunt) for development. It will make sure that any modifications you make are lint free and pass any tests.
Copyright (c) 2012 Cloudant Licensed under the APACHE-2.0 license.