Contribute to HUE
Clone this wiki locally
The Hue project gladly welcomes any patches or pull requests!
This document contains instructions on how to get involved with Hue, and our development process. The team also follows this logic.
Example of bug, patch and review
List of Easy bugs.
Hue uses JIRA as its bug tracking system.
Generate the patch using
git format-patch with a message looking like:
HUE-NNNN [APP_NAME] The JIRA summary line Optional details on the commit *after* a blank line. This section can span multiple lines. Or have multiple paragraphs.
Example of format.
Hue blog posts about using Review Board: http://gethue.com/rbtools-example-how-do-easily-do-code-reviews-with-review-board/
Currently, the Hue project is very flexible on how to do code reviews:
- Create an account on HUE’s Review Board.
- Post the patch against the “hue-rw” repository. Enter “hue” in the “groups” field.
- Example: https://review.cloudera.org/r/4019/
- For small changes, you can attach the patch in the JIRA.
- Github Diff or Pull request
- Again, for small changes, if you have the fix in a commit in your own github fork, you can just post the commit link in a JIRA comment.
A Hue committer will commit your patch when it is is ready after being reviewed.
If it is the first time, please sign the CCLA that way we don’t get sued later ;)
A general rule is to follow the on-going style of the code context.