CloudPassage API Examples
Author: Tim Spencer - email@example.com
These ruby and Python scripts include examples of calling the CloudPassage API for basic purposes such as authentication, submitting a GET request to retrieve information, and submitting a PUT request to write information back to Halo.
Requirements and Dependencies
To run, these scripts require
- Ruby installed on the host that runs the scripts.
- Ruby gems: oauth2, rest-client, json
- A read-only (for GETs) or full-access (For PUTs) Halo API key; copy it from the Halo Portal
List of Files
- apiget.py - Python script that authenticates to Halo, then retrieves server info and prints hostnames
- apiget.rb - Ruby script that authenticates to Halo, then retrieves server info and writes back server address + hostname strings
- apiusers.rb - Ruby script that authenticates to Halo, then retrieves user info and prints usernames
- README.md - This ReadMe file
- LICENSE.txt - License from CloudPassage
- Copy the two-part Halo API key from the Halo Portal into the proper location in any of the scripts.
- Execute the script.
Thanks to W. Stearns for providing the proxy-support code for apiget.rb.