Helmfiles is a comprehensive distribution of declarative
helm chart invocations.
It makes it really easy to get up and running with a full stack of fully integrated apps for Kubernetes using
Pull Requests are welcome!
This project is part of our comprehensive "SweetOps" approach towards DevOps.
It's 100% Open Source and licensed under the APACHE2.
Install the latest release of
helmfile from the helmfile releases page.
Alternatively, we also distribute
helmfile as an alpine package.
Add the cloudposse alpine repository.
# Install the cloudposse alpine repository ADD https://firstname.lastname@example.org /etc/apk/keys/ RUN echo "@cloudposse https://apk.cloudposse.com/3.8/vendor" >> /etc/apk/repositories
helmfile from the repository.
RUN apk add helmfile
We distribute a docker image with all helmfiles. Use a multi-stage build to include them.
FROM cloudposse/helmfiles:latest as helmfiles COPY --from=helmfiles /helmfiles /conf/helmfiles/
IMPORTANT: we recommend pinning
cloudposse/helmfiles to a specific release rather than using
git clone email@example.com:cloudposse/helmfiles.git
Helmfiles which are no longer actively maintained are now in the
Many of these deprecated helmfiles use environment variables rather than environments or were designed specifically to work with
We intend to eventually delete, but are leaving them for now in the repo.
Share the Love
Like this project? Please give it a ★ on our GitHub! (it helps us a lot)
Are you using this project or any of our other projects? Consider leaving a testimonial. =)
Check out these related projects.
- Geodesic - Geodesic is the fastest way to get up and running with a rock solid, production grade cloud platform built on strictly Open Source tools.
- Packages - Cloud Posse installer and distribution of native apps
- Terraform Root Modules - Collection of Terraform root module invocations for provisioning reference architectures
- Build Harness - Collection of Makefiles to facilitate building Golang projects, Dockerfiles, Helm charts, and more
- Chamber - a CRUD tool for managing secrets stored in AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store and exposing those secrets as Environment Variables to processes.
For additional context, refer to some of these links.
- helmfile - Helmfile is a declarative configuration for deploying distributions of helm charts
- helm - The package manager for Kubernetes
- docs - Documentation for how we use helmfile
Got a question? We got answers.
DevOps Accelerator for Startups
We are a DevOps Accelerator. We'll help you build your cloud infrastructure from the ground up so you can own it. Then we'll show you how to operate it and stick around for as long as you need us.
Work directly with our team of DevOps experts via email, slack, and video conferencing.
We deliver 10x the value for a fraction of the cost of a full-time engineer. Our track record is not even funny. If you want things done right and you need it done FAST, then we're your best bet.
- Reference Architecture. You'll get everything you need from the ground up built using 100% infrastructure as code.
- Release Engineering. You'll have end-to-end CI/CD with unlimited staging environments.
- Site Reliability Engineering. You'll have total visibility into your apps and microservices.
- Security Baseline. You'll have built-in governance with accountability and audit logs for all changes.
- GitOps. You'll be able to operate your infrastructure via Pull Requests.
- Training. You'll receive hands-on training so your team can operate what we build.
- Questions. You'll have a direct line of communication between our teams via a Shared Slack channel.
- Troubleshooting. You'll get help to triage when things aren't working.
- Code Reviews. You'll receive constructive feedback on Pull Requests.
- Bug Fixes. We'll rapidly work with you to fix any bugs in our projects.
Join our Open Source Community on Slack. It's FREE for everyone! Our "SweetOps" community is where you get to talk with others who share a similar vision for how to rollout and manage infrastructure. This is the best place to talk shop, ask questions, solicit feedback, and work together as a community to build totally sweet infrastructure.
Participate in our Discourse Forums. Here you'll find answers to commonly asked questions. Most questions will be related to the enormous number of projects we support on our GitHub. Come here to collaborate on answers, find solutions, and get ideas about the products and services we value. It only takes a minute to get started! Just sign in with SSO using your GitHub account.
Sign up for our newsletter that covers everything on our technology radar. Receive updates on what we're up to on GitHub as well as awesome new projects we discover.
Join us every Wednesday via Zoom for our weekly "Lunch & Learn" sessions. It's FREE for everyone!
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Please use the issue tracker to report any bugs or file feature requests.
In general, PRs are welcome. We follow the typical "fork-and-pull" Git workflow.
- Fork the repo on GitHub
- Clone the project to your own machine
- Commit changes to your own branch
- Push your work back up to your fork
- Submit a Pull Request so that we can review your changes
NOTE: Be sure to merge the latest changes from "upstream" before making a pull request!
Copyright © 2017-2020 Cloud Posse, LLC
See LICENSE for full details.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
We offer paid support on all of our projects.