Cloud Media Offloader Plugin for WordPress
This is currently under development and may contain bugs. Test in a development environment first and use at your own risk.
Installable WordPress ZIP file: cloud-media-offloader.zip.
- Known Compatibilities & Conflicts
- Change Log
This is a WordPress plugin that allows you to serve your WordPress Media Library files via the Backblaze B2 cloud storage service.
One of the best ways that you can contribute is to help me make it better, either with code or with constructive feedback. Ways to help:
- I am open to pull requests and welcome improvements.
- Feedback on how I can make it better.
- Testing! If you try the plugin - please use the installable ZIP, let me know what works and what doesn't. If you have an issue, it is helpful if you can describe (as much as you are aware of) your environment - install method, WordPress version, PHP version, operating system, and web server (Apache, Nginx, etc).
- Translations (or donations to create/maintain them)
Download the installable WordPress ZIP file and add via Plugins > Add New in WP Admin.
- WordPress 4.0 or higher
- PHP 5.6 or higher
If you manage plugins with Composer, this plugin is on Packagist.
composer require cloudverve/wordpress-cloud-media-offloader-plugin
Known Compatibilities & Conflicts
- Enable Media Replace - This generally works, but occasionally and seemingly randomly throws an exception when uploading a replacement file. The file still uploads fine, however, there is a bug where an exception is sometimes thrown.
If you encounter any conflicts, please report them.
- Significant testing in various environments
- Improve documentation
- Add hook on media upload
- Add ability to store files in private buckets
- Add support for other object storage services
- Add ability to password-protect content, time-expiring URLs and relevant tracking/statistics
- Add one-click feature to migrate existing local media to B2
- Look at options for supporting some popular WooCommerce digital media plugins.
- Possibility of serving external CSS/JS from B2 bucket
- Possibility to browse B2 files from WP Admin
Release changes will be noted on the Releases page.
- Added Composer autoloader check for issue #6
- Changed Composer license field to conform to current SPDX identifiers
Please support humans.txt. It's an initiative for knowing the people behind the web. It's an unobtrusive text file that contains information about the different people who have contributed to building the web site/project.
URL: http://carbonfields.net/ Author: htmlBurger.com Twitter: @htmlburger Author URI: https://htmlburger.com/ Location: London, England
Backblaze B2 PHP SDK
URL: https://github.com/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/ Author: Chris White Twitter: @cwhite_92 Author URI: https://cwhite.me/ Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom