Current version: 4.0.6
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
.NET Frameworks supported:
- .NET 4.5
Connecting to a Clover device
The Clover SDK is provided as a set of .NET assembly releases and as C# sources. It can be used directly or adapted for hosting in translation layers as needed on Windows operating systems.
Clover devices (both production and DevKit devices) are connected to Microsoft Windows either by a USB connection or over the network. Clover USB drivers (found in the releases page) are required for a USB connection.
To work with the project effectively, you will need:
- A computer or virtual machine running Windows. The SDK supports Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
- An IDE, such as Visual Studio.
- To experience transactions end-to-end from the merchant and customer perspectives, we also recommend ordering a Clover DevKit.
Use NuGet references to easily include Remote Pay Windows in your .NET project https://www.nuget.org/packages/Clover.RemotePayWindows
Install-Package Clover.RemotePayWindows -Version 4.0.6
Installing the SDK and Services
- The .NET 4.5 binaries are able to use TLS 1.2 network security when talking to Clover Devices using Secure Network Pay Display.
- CloverSDK.exe - This file will install the DLL. It will also install the example POS application and source for testing.
- CloverUSBDrivers.exe - This file installs the USB drivers for the Clover devices.
Building the SDK
The SDK has the following structure.
. ├── examples # Contains the C# Example application │ └── CloverExamplePOS │ └── exampleMessages ├── lib │ └── CloverConnector # CloverConnector module code │ └── CloverWindowsSDK # C# port of Clover Android SDK classes │ └── CloverWindowsTransport # Transport definitions (USB, WebSocket) └── packages # Contains third-party dependencies └── lib
Working with the Example POS
To build and run the example POS application using .NET and VisualStudio 2017:
- Open Clover.sln.
- Build all projects.
- Select the CloverExamplePOS.
- Click Run.