Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Changes from 1.8.2 to 1.8.3:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.73
- Improved cover art selection when a file contains multiple embedded covers
- Added advanced option for controlling usage of Youtube-DL
- Excluded certain URLs from being processed by Youtube-DL (for example direct file links and URLs without domain)
- Fixed crash when accessing info page of web interface
Changes from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.72-13-g449f8
- Previous version of LAV Filters caused freeze when opening DVD and crash with certain files
- Correct millisecond value in SaveImage filename
- YDL links were added to recent file list even if keep history was disabled
Changes from 1.7.18 to 1.8.1:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.72-12-g14744
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v18.08.1
- Added support for decoding AOMedia AV1 video
- Added WMA to internal filters list
- Allow using externally installed LAV Filters as internal filters when our own LAV Filters folder doesn't exist.
- Added advanced option "AllowInaccurateFastseek", which is enabled by default. When enabled fast seek (to keyframe) is allowed to be very inaccurate (max difference 20 seconds) in files with huge keyframe intervals. When disabled the allowed inaccuracy is much lower, when deciding between a fast and normal seek. For example 30% of jump size.
- If a playlist entry points to an URL, then display the title/label in player title bar instead of the URL.
- Limit max video height returned by Youtube-DL to 1440 by default. Higher resolutions may not play smoothly due to bandwidth throttling by Youtube.
- This value can be customized in: Options > Advanced > YDLMaxHeight
- Fixed crash when opening generic URLs. Was a regression since addition of Youtube-DL support in previous version.
Changes from 1.7.17 to 1.7.18:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.72-3-gb951d
- Updated Little CMS to lcms2.9rc1-36-gc2a1cd9
- Updated RapidJSON to v1.1.0-401-g129d19ba
- Updated ResizableLib to v1.5.1
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v18.08
- Dragging the seekbar is now much more responsive.
- Further improved the behavior of fast seek (to keyframe).
- For example when using any of the jump hotkeys (such as RightArrow), the maximum inaccuracy is now 30% of jump size.
- Add multiple monitor support for ICC color management.
- Changed default subtitle font to Tahoma. This should fix a problem that causes certain Unicode characters to be displayed as squares.
- Support for parsing URLs with youtube-dl.exe to directly stream audio and video from Youtube and many other websites.
- It is recommended to put youtube-dl.exe in the MPC-HC directory or in the Windows directory (or any other directory that is in %PATH%).
- Fixed hiding of playlist when launching in fullscreen.
Changes from 1.7.16 to 1.7.17:
- LAV Filters 0.72
- MediaInfo DLL 18.05
- Use millisecond prevision in SaveImage filename
- The "Ignore System Channel Mixer" audio renderer option was not saved
Changes from 1.7.15 to 1.7.16:
- LAV Filters 0.71-25
- MediaInfo DLL 18.03.1
- Limit inaccuracy of fast seek to 20 seconds. This also fixes seeking in files that have invalid keyframe timestamps.
Changes from 1.7.14 to 1.7.15:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.71
- Skip seeks if duration is unknown
- Support playback of UHD Blu-ray discs. With same limitations as regular Blu-ray. No menus, and disc must be decrypted (using external tool).
- Added compatibility warning when attempting to enable "Full Floating Point Processing" renderer option
- Tweaked video renderer presets
Changes from 22.214.171.124 to 1.7.14
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.70.2-88
- Updated MediaInfoLib to v17.12
- Removed DrDump crash reporter
- Added support for newly added settings of LAV Filters
- Now uses external MediaInfo DLL
- Different resource FileDescription for x64 build. This name is used in the Open With list of Windows Explorer. This helps distinguish x64 from x86 build in that list.
- Render subtitles relative to the window by default. ASS/SSA are still rendered relative to video by default, because those sometimes need accurate positioning. This behavior can be adjusted in the options. This patch just changes the default value of that setting.
- Added command line switches for accessing settings of internal LAV Filters: /configlavsplitter /configlavaudio /configlavvideo
- Fix /open and /close command line handling
- Simplify code for setting renderer merits
- Fix explorer context menu option state display
Changes from 1.7.13 to 126.96.36.199
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.70.2-71
- Updated Little CMS to v2.9 (d8a36d0)
- Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.98
- Updated nanosvg to 9a74da4
- Updated rapidjson to v1.1.0
- Updated RARFileSource to 55b2513
- Updated Sanear to v0.3 (e1bebc9)
- Updated tinyxml2 to v5.0.1
- Updated Unrar to v5.5.7
- Updated ZenLib to v0.4.36
- Added fallback exception handler for when DrDump Crash Reporter is unavailable
- Automatic encoding option for saving playlists. Uses UTF-8 encoding when applicable
- Sanear: Added "Ignore system channel mixer" option
- Split internal MPEG source filter option into a PS and TS variant
- SSA/ASS subtitles: Add cache for alpha mask
- Added command line parameter for setting the viewing preset: /viewpreset with values 1 (minimal) 2 (compact) 3 (normal)
- Added command line parameter for launching with muted audio: /mute
- Added command line parameter for launching with specific volume: /volume [value]
- Windows XP is no longer supported
- Now compiled with Vidual Studio 2017 and Windows 8.1 SDK
- Disabled hooking of NtQueryInformationProcess. This was not needed and caused compatibility issues with a few security software products.
- Fixed text subtitle rendering in Avisynth
- Prevent crash for ASS subtitles with invalid (too high) blur values
- VSFilter: Fixed DVB/PGS subtitle resizing on x64 build
- Ticket #2539: Subtitle downloader dialog could be opened on disabled monitor
- Ticket #5036: Text subtitles: Faster subtitle drawing: Implemented more vectorized SSE2 version and add AVX2 drawing code. Vectorized all draw operations. Multiple times faster with certain SSA/ASS subtitles.
- Ticket #6223: Fixed DPI scaling of non-client areas in main window
- Ticket #6231: Fix hash calculation for files with Unicode paths. This fixes search on
OpenSubtitles for such files