Scamper is a scalable, efficient, and feature-rich Internet packet prober from CAIDA (http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/scamper/).
Scamper is written in C and stores data in a binary "warts" format.
These tools replicate the functionality of scamper's utilities by providing native python implementations. The following files are included:
- sc_warts.py: warts file reading library
- sc_warts_writer.py: warts writing library
- sc_stats.py: extends warts class to provide stats
- sc_warts2text.py: parse warts file, produce text output
- sc_wartsdump.py: parse binary warts files
- sc_analysis_dump.py: covert scamper traces to easily parsed text
- sc_wartsgrep.py: create warts file containing only records of specified target
- sc_sample.py: sample python using warts class (for developers)
- sc_attach.py: interact with scamper over control socket