This file is part of the CMaNGOS Project. See AUTHORS file for Copyright information
Welcome to C(ontinued)-MaNGOS
C(ontinued)-MaNGOS is a free project with the following goal:
Doing WoW-Emulation Right!
This means, we want to focus on:
WoW-Emulation This project is about developing a server software that is able to emulate a well known MMORPG service.
- This project is focused on developing content!
- Also there are many other aspects that need to be done and are considered equally important.
- Anyone who wants to do stuff is very welcome to do so!
- Our goal must always be to provide the best code that we can.
- Being 'right' is defined by the behavior of the system we want to emulate.
- Developing things right also includes documenting and discussing how to do things better, hence...
- Learning and Teaching are very important in our view, and must always be part of what we do.
To be able to accomplish these goals, we support and promote:
- of our work: Our work - including our code - is released under the GPL So everbody is free to use and contribute to this open source project
- for our developers and contributers on things that interest them. No one here is telling anybody what to do. If you want somebody to do something for you, pay him, but we are here to enjoy.
- to have FUN with developing.
A friendly environment
- We try to let personal issues behind us.
- We only argue about content, and not about thin air!
- We follow the Netiquette.
-- The C(ontinued)-MaNGOS Team!
ScriptDev2 is a script library, an extention of the scripting capabilities that comes with MaNGOS ( http://www.getmangos.com ), written in C++ and is compatible with Windows and Linux. SQL needed for database support both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
This script library provides unique scripts for NPCs, gameobjects, events and other that need unique implementation.
Once ScriptDev2 is compiled it is automatically run by MaNGOS on server startup.
For further information on ScriptDev2, please visit our project web site at http://www.scriptdev2.com/
Documentation on various development related topics can be found in the ../doc/ sub directory as well as on the web site.
The required SQL files for creating the database backend are included in the ../sql/ sub directory. If you are updating from an older ScriptDev2 version, make sure to take a look at the SQL files provided in the ../sql/updates/
You can find further information about CMaNGOS at the following places:
- CMaNGOS Forum
- CMaNGOS IRC channel: #cmangos on irc.rizon.net
- GitHub repositories
- Issue tracker
- Pull Requests
- Current build status on Travis CI
- Wiki with additional information on installation
- Contributing Guidelines
- Documentation can be found in the doc/ subdirectory and on the github wiki
CMaNGOS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
You can find the full license text in the file COPYING delivered with this package.
Exceptions to GPL
Some third-party libraries CMaNGOS uses have other licenses, that must be uphold. These libraries are located within the dep/ directory
In addition, as a special exception, the CMaNGOS project gives permission to link the code of its release of MaNGOS with the OpenSSL project's "OpenSSL" library (or with modified versions of it that use the same license as the "OpenSSL" library), and distribute the linked executables. You must obey the GNU General Public License in all respects for all of the code used other than "OpenSSL". If you modify this file, you may extend this exception to your version of the file, but you are not obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception statement from your version.