C(ontinued)-MaNGOS -- README
Welcome to C(ontinued)-MaNGOS
CMaNGOS is a free project with the following goal:
Doing WoW-Emulation Right!
This means, we want to focus on:
WoW-Emulation This project is about developing a server software that is able to emulate a well known MMORPG service.
- This project is focused on developing content!
- Also there are many other aspects that need to be done and are considered equally important.
- Anyone who wants to do stuff is very welcome to do so!
- Our goal must always be to provide the best code that we can.
- Being 'right' is defined by the behavior of the system we want to emulate.
- Developing things right also includes documenting and discussing how to do things better, hence...
- Learning and teaching are very important in our view, and must always be a part of what we do.
To be able to accomplish these goals, we support and promote:
- of our work: Our work - including our code - is released under the GPL. So everybody is free to use and contribute to this open source project.
- for our developers and contributors on things that interest them. No one here is telling anybody what to do. If you want somebody to do something for you, pay them, but we are here to enjoy.
- to have FUN with developing.
A friendly environment
- We try to leave personal issues behind us.
- We only argue about content, and not about thin air!
- We follow the Netiquette.
-- The C(ontinued)-MaNGOS Team!
You can find further information about CMaNGOS at the following places:
- CMaNGOS Forum
- CMaNGOS Discord
- GitHub repositories
- Issue tracker
- Pull Requests
- Current build status on Travis CI
- Wiki with additional information on installation
- Contributing Guidelines
- Documentation can be found in the doc/ subdirectory and on the GitHub wiki
CMaNGOS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
You can find the full license text in the file COPYING delivered with this package.
Exceptions to GPL
World of Warcraft content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Blizzard or its licensors. All rights reserved. CMaNGOS project is not affiliated with Blizzard or its licensors.
Some third-party libraries CMaNGOS uses have other licenses, that must be uphold. These libraries are located within the dep/ directory
In addition, as a special exception, the CMaNGOS project gives permission to link the code of its release of MaNGOS with the OpenSSL project's "OpenSSL" library (or with modified versions of it that use the same license as the "OpenSSL" library), and distribute the linked executables. You must obey the GNU General Public License in all respects for all of the code used other than "OpenSSL". If you modify this file, you may extend this exception to your version of the file, but you are not obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception statement from your version.