Simple Bar Chart
This is a homework assignment that required me to install, inspect and deconstruct one of D3's standard bar charts.
The data in this file is completely made up. We have a "letter" value and a "frequency" value which are distributed to the x- and y axis respectively.
- select - select a descendant element for each selected element.
- scaleBand - Constructs a new band scale with the empty domain, the unit range [0, 1], no padding, no rounding and center alignment.
- scaleLinear - Constructs a new continuous scale with the unit domain [0, 1], the unit range [0, 1], the default interpolator and clamping disabled.
- tsv - get a tab-separated values (TSV) file.
- max - compute the maximum value in an array.
- axisBottom - Constructs a new bottom-oriented axis generator for the given scale, with empty tick arguments, a tick size of 6 and padding of 3. In this orientation, ticks are drawn below the horizontal domain path.
- axisLeft - Constructs a new left-oriented axis generator for the given scale, with empty tick arguments, a tick size of 6 and padding of 3. In this orientation, ticks are drawn to the left of the vertical domain path.
Released under the GNU General Public License, version 3. © Lucas Berghoef