AWS Slack Invite
This project is for creating a simple, static website for inviting users to a Slack Team Chat. It is completely hosted within AWS and (depending on your load) should be completely free to host.
How to use
This project is composed of two core components - the S3 static website code and the Lambda function "serverside"/ code (for sending invitations to emails).
To begin, install
cookiecutter, and create your project. Run:
$ pip install cookiecutter $ cookiecutter gh:cmeadows/aws-slack-invite slack_domain : <this is your domain found at yourdomain.slack.com> slack_oauth_token : <slack oauth token (https://api.slack.com/docs/oauth)> api_gateway_url : <your deployed API Gateway URL>
Static Website on S3
- (Optional) Replace the
s3/static/background.jpgwith your background image
- Upload the contents of the
s3directory to an S3 bucket.
- Follow instructions here on how to setup a static website on S3.
- (Optional) You can setup a CloudFront distribution for the static content.
- Create an AWS Lambda function.
lambda/lambda_function.pycode into AWS Lambda code editor.
- Create an AWS API Gateway API by uploading the provided
api-gateway/swagger.yamlfile in the console.