Splunk Add-on for Octopus
The Splunk Add-On for Octopus is a technology add-on for retrieving data from a Octopus Deployment installation. This Add-On only provides input related configuration files. Dashboards and reports are build in the app "Octopus for Splunk".
You must have an installed and configured Octopus application to complete the setup process of this app. If you have any questions regarding this app please contact me.
Too make sure everything works correctly make sure the following is available and working:
- A working Octopus application
- Access to the REST API port on the Octopus server from a Heavy Forwarder or Splunk single instance (port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTP or else if configured differently)
- An API key to retrieve data from Octopus. See Octopus Wiki.
- A Splunk Heavy Forwarder or Single Instance with Splunk 6.0.x or higher running on Linux or Unix or OS X.
The Splunk Add-On for Octopus contains three apps:
- TA-Octopus-Idx > Contains index configuration and index-time configurations
- TA-OctopusNT-Fwd > Contains all the inputs which retrieve the data if you run Splunk on Windows
- TA-OctopusNIX-Fwd > Contains all the inputs which retrieve the data if you run Splunk on NIX-systems
- TA-Octopus-Sh > Contains all search-time configurations
Installation of the apps can be done using the Splunk UI as explained below. If you have an index cluster please install TA-Octopus-Idx using the following instructions on Splunk Docs. For search-head cluster please install TA-Octopus-Sh using the following instruction on Splunk Docs.
Install using Splunk UI:
- Select "Manage Apps" from the Apps dropdown.
- Select the "Install app from file" button.
- Select the generated
- Splunk will walk you through all required setup.
Data is automatically imported to a custom
octopus index once the app is enabled.
The following sourcetypes are available:
See CHANGELOG for details.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Added some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
- Convert Add-On to Modular Input
- Create one Fwd app for both NIX and Windows
Copyright (c) 2016 Coen Meerbeek. See LICENSE for details.