A web application that allows you to fetch, extract and validate YANG modules by RFC number, by IETF draft name, or by uploading YANG files. It is built on top of the bottle python micro-web framework using a combination of xym to fetch and extract YANG modules from IETF specifications, and pyang and the confdc YANG compiler to validate the extracted modules.
Hardcoded prerequisites in
- The bottle application defaults to using the cherrypy web framework, so this needs to be preinstalled.
- The pyang tool needs to be preinstalled
- The xym tool needs to be preinstalled
- The confdc compiler needs to be preinstalled, use the
--confd-install-pathoption to point to the ConfD install directory (i.e.
- YANG modules commonly required for validation (e.g. the IETF modules for interface and ip configuration as well as the types) are expected to be in
- The default port is 8080 to avoid requiring root privileges. Use the
--port=80option with root privileges to listen to the default HTTP port.