CMS, or Contest Management System, is a distributed system for running and (to some extent) organizing a programming contest.
CMS has been designed to be general and to handle many different types of contests, tasks, scorings, etc. Nonetheless, CMS has been explicitly build to be used in the 2012 International Olympiad in Informatics, held in September 2012 in Italy.
The complete CMS documentation is at https://cms.readthedocs.org/.
The mailing list for announcements, user support and general discussion is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can subscribe at http://www.freelists.org/list/contestms. So far, it is an extremely low traffic mailing list.
The mailing list for development discussion (to submit feedback, proposals and critics, get opinions and reviews, etc.) is email@example.com. You can subscribe at http://www.freelists.org/list/contestms-dev.
To help with the troubleshooting, you can collect the complete log files that are placed in /var/local/log/cms/ (if CMS was running installed) or in ./log (if it was running from the local copy).
CMS has been used in several official and unofficial contests. In particular we are aware of the following.
- International competitions:
- National competitions:
- OII 2011 (Italian Olympiad in Informatics), Sirmione, September 2011;
- OII 2012, Sirmione, October 2012;
- OII 2013, Salerno, September 2013;
- AIIO 2012 (Australian Invitational Informatics Olympiad), February 2012;
- Croatian high school programming contest 2013, March 2013;
- FIT 2013 (Festival of Innovative Technologies; national high school programming contest), Slovenia, April 2013;
- FIT 2014, Slovenia, April 2014;
- OCI 2013 (Chilean Olympiads in Informatics), May 2013;
- Slovenian Invitational Informatics Olympiad, May 2013;
- JOI Open Contest 2013, Japan, June 2013;
- Taiwan High School Programming Contest, December 2013;
- beOI 2014 (Belgian Olympiad in Informatics), Belgium, February 2014;
- TOP'2014 (Tunisian Olympiad in Programming), March 2014.
- LMIO 2014 (Lithuanian Olympiad in Informatics), March 2014;
- Argentinian IOI Selection Contest, April 2014.
- Local competitions:
- Taipei High School Programming Contest, Taiwan, October 2012;
- ABC 2013 (Algoritmi Bergamo Contest), Bergamo, Italy, May 2013;
- Taipei High School Programming Contest, Taiwan, November 2013.
- training camps for the selections of the national IOI teams of Australia, India, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Serbia and Taiwan.
- laboratory exercises and exams of the course "Algorithms and data structures" at University of Trento, Italy (year 2011-2012).
If you used CMS for a contest, selection, or a similar event, and want to publicize this information, we would be more than happy to hear from you and add it to this list.