JOE Syntax Highlighting
This directory mainly contains improved and completely new JOE syntax files fixing bugs in the original files and adding support for new languages.
To enable the .jsf files in this repository they need to appear in JOEs syntax directory, either locally (~/.joe/syntax) or globally. The global syntax directory is is likely to be /usr/share/joe/syntax when using Debian and APT or /usr/local/Cellar/joe/3.7/share/joe/syntax when using brew on Mac OS X. You may download the latest jsf-bundle and place it's contents into the syntax directory (Note: this bundle might be outdated compared to the repository's state).
A maybe better way to achieve this is to clone this repository somewhere onto your hard disk and establish symlinks to all jsf files in the syntax directory, or to install this repository to ~/.joe/syntax and symlink ftyperc appropriately (see below).
ftyperc (only needed to enable new languages)
To enable the enhanced ftyperc from this repository to gain syntax highlighting support for new languages without overwriting /etc/joe/ftyperc, you may place the modified one in ~/.joe/ as ~/.joe/ftyperc.
How JOE syntax highlighting works
Other Syntax Files
Every .jsf file from the original repository is under GPL as JOE. There are efforts to move JOE to GPL v2 or any later version.
Every .jsf file created and modified exclusively by me is under GPL v2 or any later version.
Files with contributions (or unclear license info):
- elixir.jsf which is created by Andrew Lisin under GPL v2 or any later version (comment)
- erlang.jsf which is created by Christian Nicolai and then modified by Jonas Rosling and enhanced with a small tweak from raev
- go.jsf which is entirely contributed by Daniel Vargas
- js.jsf which is created by Christian Nicolai and then modified by Rebecca Turner under GPL v2 or any later version and compatible ISC license (comment)
- json.jsf which is entirely contributed by Rebecca Turner under GPL v2 or any later version and compatible ISC license (comment)
- lsl.jsf which is from Zai Lynch under GPL v1 (delivered by Rebecca Turner)
- md.jsf which is created by Christian Nicolai and then modified by Jonas Rosling
- powershell.jsf which is entirely contributed by Oskar Liljeblad under GPL v2 or any later version (comment)
- puppet.jsf which is created by Christian Nicolai and then modified by Eric Eisenhart
- sql.jsf which is from an "unknown source" (delivered by Rebecca Turner)
You can find this repository here.