Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This wiki is a place for all extensions / useful scripts / hints related to the C* Music Player. Everyone is welcome to add useful information!
Extensions / useful scripts
- Status display programs: Programs that display the current song or use this information to do other useful stuff.
- Bindable scripts: Programs that are meant to be executed from within cmus and optionally bound to a key.
- Remote control frontends: Frontends for remote controlling cmus.
- Themes: Color themes for cmus
- Detachable cmus: Detach cmus in the background (aka “daemon” mode)
- lyvi: A lyrics-viewer that connects to cmus and many other players (using libglyr)
- cmus-sync: Synchronize a mobile device with the cmus playlist.
- cmus-mediakeys: Control cmus playback using global mediakeys.
- cmus-bundler: A plugins and themes bundler for cmus.
- cmus-youtube: A patch that allows you to download and play youtube songs.
- spotify-dl: allows you to download spotify songs. You can play them using cmus.
cmus-osx: controls cmus playback using media keys and integrates
OS Xnotification center into cmus.
cmus-dynamiclistfm: a mini-extension that generates a playlist based on
Patches to the cmus source code which are not applied are collected here: Third party patches.