CNCF Storage SIG
The Storage SIG meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month at 8AM PT (USA Pacific):
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/cncfstoragewg
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,158580155# or +14086380968,158580155#
Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 158 580 155 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=0gvI03dCdRnx6WENPzdNhioORGmhVwYo
Mailing list and minutes
Mailing list: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-sig-storage
(note: the old WG mailing list is here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cncf-wg-storage)
Meeting minutes are recorded here: https://bit.ly/cncf-storage-sig-minutes
CNCF Storage SIG Charter
The charter is available here: https://github.com/cncf/sig-storage/blob/master/storage-charter.md
CNCF Storage Landscape Whitepaper
The whitepaper documents the storage landscape by clarifying the terminology used in the storage space including:
- The attributes of a storage system such that an end-user can understand the appropriate capabilities that might be required by an application or architectural pattern.
- The layers in a storage solution (or service) with a focus on terminology and how they impact the defined attributes covering the container, orchestrator, transport, topology, virtual/physical, data protection, data services and the non-volatile layers.
- The data access interfaces in terms of volume (including block, file system and shared file system) and application API (including object, KV and database) as high level groupings.
- Separate sections with further detail on Block Storage, File systems, Object Storage and Key Value Stores.
- The management interfaces needed to orchestrate the storage layers to facilitate composability, dynamic provisioning and self service management.
The whitepaper is available here: http://bit.ly/cncf-storage-whitepaper
Current CNCF Storage Projects
This SIG follows the standard operating guidelines provided by the TOC unless otherwise stated here.
Current TOC Liaison: Xiang Li
Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole, Erin Boyd
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane, Luis Pabon
Other named roles: None at present; will be identified and staffed as needed.