CNCF Technical Oversight Committee (TOC)
The CNCF TOC is the technical governing body of the CNCF Foundation. It admits and oversees all projects in the CNCF Foundation and has a mandate to facilitate driving neutral consensus for:
- defining and maintaining the technical vision for the Cloud Native Computing Foundation,
- approving new projects within the scope for CNCF set by the Governing Board (GB), and create a conceptual architecture for the projects, aligning projects, removing or archiving projects,
- accepting feedback from end user committee and map to projects,
- aligning interfaces to components under management (code reference implementations before standardizing), and defining common practices to be implemented across CNCF projects, if any.
- Davanum Srinivas (term: 2 years - start date: 3/18/2021 - 3/18/2023) [TOC-appointed][TOC Chair]
- Justin Cormack (term: 2 years - start date 2/4/2022 - 2/4/2024) [Maintainer-appointed]
- Ricardo Rocha (term: 2/4/2022 - 2/4/2024) [EndUser-appointed]
- Emily Fox (term: 2 years - start date: 2/4/2022 - 2/4/2024) [GB-appointed]
- Matt Farina (term: 2 years - start date 2/4/2022 - 2/4/2024) [GB-appointed]
- Richard Hartmann (term: 2 years - start date 2/4/2022 - 2/4/2024) [GB-appointed]
- Katie Gamanji (term: 2 years - start date: 3/18/2022 - 3/18/2024) [TOC-appointed]
- Nikhita Raghunath (term: 2 years - start date: 2/1/2023 - 2/1/2025) [GB-appointed]
- Dave Zolotusky (term: 2 years - start date: 2/1/2023 - 2/1/2025) [EndUser-appointed]
- Cathy Zhang (term: 2 years 2-1-2023 - 2/1/2025) [GB-appointed]
- Duffie Cooley (term: 2 years - start date: 2/1/2023 - 2/1/2025) [GB-appointed]
See the current CNCF projects and a description of project maturity levels (Sandbox, Incubating, Graduated).
The TOC meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at 8AM PT (USA Pacific Time; Convert to local time zone).
https://zoom.us/j/967220397 Passcode: 77777
+1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
+1 855 880 1246 (US Toll Free)
+1 877 369 0926 (US Toll Free)
International numbers available here.
Meeting ID: 263 858 603
NOTE: Please use
*6to mute/un-mute your phone during the call
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- Meeting Working Doc. This includes minutes from previous meetings.
- Meeting agenda and presentations.
- Archive of community presentations
- CNCF TOC Playlist on YouTube
Public mailing list for the CNCF TOC: firstname.lastname@example.org
The public mailing archive: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc
Details to join this public mailing list: https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc
In case you need to reach the CNCF TOC on sensitive issues, please email us at: email@example.com
This is our voting policy. Only TOC members can cast binding votes. (+1 Binding)
Technical Advisory Groups
The TOC has approved the formation of TAGs. Currently, the following Technical Advisory Groups are active:
- TAG Contributor Strategy
- TAG Observability
- TAG Environmental Sustainability
The TOC has created the following working groups to investigate and discuss the following topics:
|Working Group||Chair||Meeting Time||Minutes/Recordings|
|Serverless||Ken Owens||Thu of every week at 9AM PT||Youtube|
All meetings are on the public CNCF calendar: https://goo.gl/eyutah