CNCF Technical Oversight Committee (TOC)
The CNCF TOC is the technical governing body of the CNCF Foundation. It admits and oversees all projects in the CNCF Foundation and has a mandate to facilitate driving neutral consensus for:
- defining and maintaining the technical vision for the Cloud Native Computing Foundation,
- approving new projects within the scope for CNCF set by the Governing Board (GB), and create a conceptual architecture for the projects, aligning projects, removing or archiving projects,
- accepting feedback from end user committee and map to projects,
- aligning interfaces to components under management (code reference implementations before standardizing), and defining common practices to be implemented across CNCF projects, if any.
- Alena Prokharchyk (term: 2 years - start date: 3/18/2020 - 3/18/2022) [TOC-appointed]
- Brendan Burns (term: 2 years - start date: 1/29/2019 - 1/29/2021) [GB-appointed]
- Justin Cormack (term: 2 years - start date 2/4/2020 - 2/4/2022) [Maintainer-appointed]
- Katie Gamanji (term: 2 years - start date 2/4/2020 - 2/4/2022) [EndUser-appointed]
- Liz Rice (term: 2 years - start date: 2/4/2020 - 2/4/2022) [GB-appointed]
- Matt Klein (term: 2 years - start date: 1/29/2019 - 1/29/2021) [GB-appointed]
- Michelle Noorali (term: 2 years - start date: 3/18/2019 - 3/18/2021) [TOC-appointed]
- Saad Ali (term: 2 years - start date 2/4/2020 - 2/4/2022) [GB-appointed]
- Sheng Liang (term: 2 years - start date 2/4/2020 - 2/4/2022) [GB-appointed]
- Xiang Li (term: 2 years - start date: 1/29/2019 - 1/29/2021) [GB-appointed]
See the current CNCF projects and a description of project maturity levels (Sandbox, Incubating, Graduated).
The TOC meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 8AM PT (USA Pacific Time; Convert to local time zone).
Project Presentations are on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
+1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
+1 855 880 1246 (US Toll Free)
+1 877 369 0926 (US Toll Free)
International numbers available here.
Meeting ID: 263 858 603
NOTE: Please use
*6to mute/un-mute your phone during the call
Here is a Google calendar for all public CNCF events.
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- Meeting Working Doc. This includes minutes from previous meetings.
- Meeting agenda and presentations.
- Archive of community presentations
This is our voting policy.
The TOC has approved the formation of SIGs. Currently, the following Special Interest Groups are active:
- SIG Contributor Strategy
- SIG Observability
The TOC has created the following working groups to investigate and discuss the following topics:
|Working Group||Chair||Meeting Time||Minutes/Recordings|
|CI||Camille Fournier||4th Tue of every month at 12PM PT||Youtube|
|Serverless||Ken Owens||Thu of every week at 9AM PT||Youtube|
All meetings are on the public CNCF calendar: https://goo.gl/eyutah