TOC Election Schedule v1.2
This page lays out the election schedule for the CNCF’s Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) to implement the requirements of the CNCF charter, including:
6(b)(iii) The Governing Board shall elect six (6) TOC members, the End User TAB shall elect two (2) TOC members, the non-sandbox project maintainers shall elect one (1) TOC member, and the TOC members shall elect an additional two (2) TOC members. Each group is defined as a Selecting Group.
6(c)(i) The TOC shall select a Chair of the TOC to set agendas and call meetings of the TOC.
6(e)(i) Nominations: Each individual in a Selecting Group may nominate up to two (2) people, at most one (1) of whom may be from the same group of Related Companies. Each nominee must agree to participate prior to being added to the nomination list.
6(f)(i) TOC Members shall serve two-year, staggered terms.
Current TOC Members and terms are listed on the main page.
All terms are two years. Selected means reappointed or replaced.
- 3/17/2018 (and each future even year): The TOC selects its chairperson.
- 1/29/2019 (and each future year): End User TOC member is selected.
- 1/29/2020 (and each future even year): Maintainer-selected TOC member is selected.
- 3/17/2019 (and each future year): 1 TOC-selected TOC member is selected.
- 1/29/2020 (and each future year): 3 GB-selected TOC members are selected.
The following is the default timeline for TOC selections to use. The times can be adjusted to avoid weekends and holidays, but it’s essential that the final schedule be published in advance and adhered to. Eligible voters are specified publicly during the nomination process. Voting occurs by a time-limited Condorcet-IRV ranking in CIVS.
- Call for nominations: Noon PT, E-16 days
- End of call for nominations: Noon PT, E-9 days
- A ballot will be distributed on: E-7 days
- The election will be completed on: Noon PT, E-day and election results are announced
Any vacancies will be filled by using the original selection method for that seat and the replacement will serve the remainder of the original term.