CandyCMS Version 2.1
What is CandyCMS?
CandyCMS is a modern PHP CMS with its main focus on usability, speed and security.
- a blog that supports tags, comments, RSS and full social media integration
- content pages
- a gallery with multiple file upload (based on HTML5) and Media RSS
- a calendar with the option to download iCalendar events
- a download section
- easy and simple user management
- file management
- newsletter management (uses Mailchimp API)
- a full log system
- and many more!
Additional reasons, why CandyCMS might be interesting for you
- easy internationalization and localization via YAML
- WYSIWYG-Editor (TinyMCE) and support of BB-Code
- uses the Smarty template engine and lots of HTML5
- supports reCAPTCHA
- completely object oriented and use of MVC
- easy to extend
- supports templates
- clean URLs due to mod_rewrite
- full Facebook integration
- supports CDNs
- easy to update or migrate
- SEO optimized (sitemap.xml and basic stuff)
- 2click social share privacy
- Tests for the whole core functions
- at least PHP 5.1 & PDO supported database (PHP 5.3 recommended)
- Imagemagick, GD2 and mod_rewrite
- an account at http://recaptcha.org to use captchas
- an account at http://mailchimp.com to use the newsletter management
- about 10MB webspace
- Configure your website settings at "app/config/Candy.inc.php, upload all files.
- Execute the "/install/index.php" file.
- Follow the instructions and make sure, you delete the install dir after installation.
- Download and install Composer (http://getcomposer.org/):
curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | php.
- Update your packages afterwards:
php composer.phar update.
To upgrade CandyCMS, upload the install folder, run "/install/index.php" and click on "migrate". Make sure you override the existing "vendor/*", folders before. Please also take a look at the release notes.
Icons were created by famfamfam.com. Big thanks to Hauke Schade who gave great feedback and built many impressive features.
CandyCMS is licensed under MIT license. All of its components should be Open Source and free to use, too. Note that fancyBox needs a license for commercial projects.