candyCMS Version 2.1.7
Note that if you check out dev-master, your application might be incompatible with previous versions! Stick to the tagged ones!
What is candyCMS?
candyCMS is a modern PHP CMS with its main focus on usability, speed and security.
- a blog that supports tags, comments, RSS and full social media integration (as a plugin)
- content pages
- a gallery with multiple file upload (based on HTML5) and Media RSS
- a calendar with the option to download iCalendar events
- a download section
- easy and simple user management
- file management
- newsletter management (uses Mailchimp API)
- a full log system
- Plugins to extend the functionality to your needs
- and many more!
Additional reasons, why candyCMS might be interesting for you
- easy internationalization and localization via YAML
- WYSIWYG-Editor (TinyMCE) and support of BB-Code
- uses the Smarty template engine and lots of HTML5
- supports reCAPTCHA
- completely object oriented and use of MVC
- easy to extend
- supports templates
- clean URLs due to mod_rewrite
- full Facebook integration
- supports CDNs
- easy to update or migrate
- SEO optimized (sitemap.xml and basic stuff)
- 2click social share privacy and addThis to make sharing easy
- Tests for the whole core functions
- many plugins
- at least PHP 5.1 & PDO supported database (PHP 5.3 recommended)
- Imagemagick, GD2 and mod_rewrite
- an account at http://recaptcha.org to use captchas
- an account at http://mailchimp.com to use the newsletter management
- about 25MB webspace
- Download and install Composer ( http://getcomposer.org ):
curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | php.
- Install the vendor packages afterwards:
php composer.phar install.
- Configure your website settings at "app/config/Candy.inc.php", upload all files.
- Execute the "/install/index.php" file.
- Follow the instructions and make sure, you delete the install dir after installation.
To upgrade candyCMS, read the release notes first. If no specific information are given,
upload following folders and dirs after using the Composer (
php composer.phar update):
sure, the links in your views are still correct! Sorry for not providing more release information.
Icons were created by famfamfam.com. Big thanks to Hauke Schade who gave great feedback and built many impressive features.
candyCMS is licensed under MIT license. All of its components should be Open Source and free to use, too. Note that fancyBox needs a license for commercial projects.