Snowman is a simple Apple Watch game. The objective is to draw letters to guess the word or phrase before the snowman melts.
Snowman was built to demonstrate using CoreML to build a game for watchOS 4. The project includes an Apple Watch app and several scripts to train handwriting recognition models that are compatible with CoreML.
- Snowman was built as a companion app to demonstrate new watchOS 4 features, and as an example of how to use CoreML on watchOS.
- The presentation that describes how Snowman was built and many other capabilities of watchOS 4 can be found here and here.
- Snowman requires Xcode 9 (latest version), iOS 11, and watchOS 4
- Snowman uses a handwriting recognition model trained on the Extended MNIST data set.
- For more information on training a handwriting recognition model, check out the README and scripts located in the Training folder.
- SpriteKit doesn't load initially for interface controllers on watchOS 4 Beta 5. To resolve, background the app when the spinner appears and then re-open it and the interface controller will load. (Fixed in Beta 6)