How to contribute
Clone this wiki locally
How to contribute?
Dream about how Cobertura could be! Drop us ideas about new Cobertura features and improvements to the mailing list!
- check Cobertura Architecture page, so that your contribution aligns with those principles. If you have better ideas, discuss and submit them!
- if submitting patches, always provide a test about it.
- if thinking about new features, consider value it delivers to the project and in which cases it would be useful. Focus on value.
Do you have just some free minutes?
- Contribute by fixing Findbugs and PMD issues
- Add tests
- Document code! Cobertura code has little javadocs, which makes it difficult for new people to get quickly involved in the project. Documenting code is a great way to learn and help others.
- Help us fixing bugs
- Implement new features
How can I contribute as a
- Improve and modernize existing tests
- Check our coverage reports and add more of them!
- Bring new testing approaches and new kinds of tests: ex.: BDD, performance tests, etc.
- help us fixing reported bugs as well as Findbugs and PMD issues
- refactor existing code to make it more maintainable
- take over some of the roadmap tasks