Feature: Firmware updates
- uses fwupd.org database
- A timer to check for updates on maybe a daily basis?
- Should the updates be online or offline?
- Rollback support (future?)?
- Manual file upload? (weakens the carrot part of the fwupd database)
Robert is a sysadmin at a small company. They have a Dell Poweredge server that they use for simple file sharing and code hosting across the company. There is an firmware update available for the server BIOS.
Robert logs in to the system he gets notified there is a new firmware update.
- He dives in to the details and it says it's a change that brings performance improvements.
- It looks OK, so he hits update.
- The new firmware gets applied.
Implementation Notes and Technical Limitations