cocos2d for iPhone
Update 20. November 2014
The core library has been updated to 64 bit, plus whatever it takes to run on XCode 6.
This version replaces V2.1 file by file.
To install, download zip, and replace the entire $project/libs/cocos2d folder.
By replacing all cocos2d files, any user changes to the original 2.1 API, will of course be lost.
There are no warnings or analyzer remarks left, that has anything to do with 64 bit.
We have checked (as good as we could) that there is no int to pointer conversions which can break.
Deprecation has not been removed. This will mainly be accelerometer and modalViewController.
cocos2d for iPhone is a framework for building 2D games, demos, and other graphical/interactive applications for iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X. It is based on the cocos2d design, but instead of using python it uses objective-c.
cocos2d for iPhone is:
- Easy to use
- Community Supported
How to start a new game
$ cd cocos2d-iphone $ ./install-templates.sh -f
- And then open Xcode -> New -> New Project -> cocos2d v2.x
- Scene management (workflow)
- Transitions between scenes
- Sprites and Sprite Sheets
- Effects: Lens, Ripple, Waves, Liquid, etc.
- Actions (behaviours):
- Trasformation Actions: Move, Rotate, Scale, Fade, Tint, etc.
- Composable actions: Sequence, Spawn, Repeat, Reverse
- Ease Actions: Exp, Sin, Cubic, Elastic, etc.
- Misc actions: CallFunc, OrbitCamera, Follow, Tween
- Basic menus and buttons
- Integrated with physics engines: Box2d and Chipmunk
- Particle system
- Fast font rendering using Fixed and Variable width fonts
- Support for .ttf fonts
- Tile Map support: Orthogonal, Isometric and Hexagonal
- Parallax scrolling
- Motion Streak
- Render To Texture
- Touch/Accelerometer on iOS
- Touch/Mouse/Keyboard on Mac
- Sound Engine support (CocosDenshion library) based on OpenAL
- Integrated Slow motion/Fast forward
- Fast textures: PVR compressed and uncompressed textures
- Point based: RetinaDisplay mode compatible
- Language: objective-c
- Open Source Commercial Friendly: Compatible with open and closed source projects
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (iOS) / OpenGL 2.1 (Mac) based
Mac OS X 10.6 (or newer), Xcode 4.2 (or newer)
- iOS 4.0 or newer for iOS games
- Snow Leopard (v10.6) or newer for Mac games
Select the test you want from Xcode Scheme chooser.
Then click on Xcode -> Product -> Run
Contributing to the Project
Did you find a bug? Do you have feature request? Do you want to merge a feature?
Download from Github
$ git clone git://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-iphone.git $ cd cocos2d-iphone $ git checkout develop-v2 $ git submodule update --init