Welcome to Network Canvas 5.0.0
This release includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Updated the core electron and node versions
- Fixed an issue where the 'required' validation wasn't correctly working for empty strings
- Enabled searching across multiple node properties in the large roster interface
- Fixed skip logic and query building using ego rules. These rules should now operate correctly.
- Fixed a bug where skip logic would act on a stale version of the network, and give incorrect outcomes.
- Updated the full screen form setting to default to 'off' on all devices. The option can still be enabled if required.
- Notarized the app, allowing it to be downloaded and installed on macOS Catalina (10.15.x)
- Loading CSV formatted data performs poorly, particularly on mobile devices. This operation is CPU intensive, and causes devices to stall, sometimes for multiple seconds.
- Strategies for mediation: Use alternative data formats, and/or minimise the size of external data files. Use more powerful devices. Use the Name Generator Roster (Large) interface, which performs slightly better.
- Long term resolution: Parse external data when session starts (potentially to temporary storage), and stream it into memory on stage load.
- The Name Generator Roster (Search) interface does not work well on devices with software keyboards.
- Strategies for mediation: Use alternative platforms if this feature is important for your research.
- Long term resolution: Adjust the styling to better work within the constraints of devices with limited vertical space.
- Large protocols may cause the app to crash during import on iOS.
- Strategies for mediation: Do not include large assets in protocols. Avoid using iOS if large assets are essential.
- Long term resolution: Attempt to implement unzipping within a stream.
This app is part of a free, open-source suite of tools for the collection of social network data developed through the Complex Data Collective, a registered not-for-profit, and funded by the National Institutes of Health (R01 DA042711). Network Canvas is a collaboration between Northwestern University and the University of Oxford managed out of Northwestern’s Institute for Sexual and Gender Minority Health and Wellbeing.
For documentation, further information about the project, and download links for the other apps in the suite, visit https://networkcanvas.com.
Please also support this project by providing feedback! To contribute feedback, email our project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.