This is an open source effort to create a community driven version of codeCanvas to run in App.js on the desktop.
Idea and goals
The application hosted at codeCanvas.org requires a good amount of server side file handling. My goal is to provide file handling in Node using the App.js framework.
- Download App.js for your platform (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- Place the codeCanvas files into the 'content' directory in app.js
- Start the app loader in the main app.js directory
- Check out the promo video -> http://youtu.be/318y-PJArX4?hd=1
- Check out the video -> building a simple form using a Bootstrap tool - http://youtu.be/7B5njAEy9Cs
- The application codebase is located in the 'app' directory
- The user directory contains files needed to create tools (explained below)
usertools.html - this contains the html for the tools in your toolbox. The html construct is located inside a LI with the class "userTool". This allows you to create tool html naturally.
usertools_design.css - This provides the styles for the tools while in the designer.
- usertools_run.css - This provides the styles your tool needs to work in a runtime environment
The idea for this project came after many, many requests to open codeCanvas. It is far from perfect but the concept is working and just needs a good team of people to make it awesome.
We need people to help:
- Code more awesome features
- Create interesting tools
- Write docs and do videos
- Create a support forum
a few things I am working on:
- multiple layouts per project
- layout tree and management
- specific tools for each project
- building a 'default' set of templates for new projects
You can contact me on the codeCanvas website