Welcome! You've found the source code for the Code.org website and the Code Studio platform. Code.org is a non-profit dedicated to expanding access to computer science education. You can read more about our efforts at code.org/about.
- Follow our setup guide to configure your workstation.
rake buildto build the application if you have not done so already
bin/dashboard-serverto launch the development server.
- Open your browser to http://localhost-studio.code.org:3000/.
To see a list of all build commands, run
rake from the repository root.
How to help
Wondering where to start? See our contribution guidelines.
What's in this repo?
Here's a quick overview of the major landmarks:
- Our courses, tutorials, and puzzle configurations
- User accounts
- Student progress and projects
- The "levelbuilder" content creation tools
- The Hour of Code tutorials: Star Wars, Minecraft, Frozen and Classic Maze
- Tools like Artist, Play Lab and App Lab
- Other core puzzle types: Maze, Farmer, Bee, Bounce, Calc, Eval
- Other JS code consumed by dashboard and pegasus.
- SETUP: Instructions to get everything up and running.
- TESTING: How to be sure nothing broke.
- STYLEGUIDE: Our code style conventions.
- Our LICENSE and NOTICE.
- There are many more topical guides in the docs folder.
- In addition, several sections of the repository have their own documentation:
- aws: Configuration and scripts that manage our deployments.
- bin: Developer utilities.
- cookbooks: Configuration management through Chef.
- shared: Source and assets used by many parts of our application.
- tools: Git commit hooks.