General Billy is/will be a generalization of Sunlight Labs' billy, a suite of tools developed as a part of Open States that provide a framework for scraping, storing, and sharing legislative information. The idea here is to generalize that to be potentially useful in ANY situation where:
- a group of individuals are engaged in creating and codifying rules or proclamations; and
- the individuals are accountable for their published decisions and actions in this process.
- billy features:
- Scraper architecture for scraping bills, votes, legislators, committees, and events.
- Utility scripts for data cleanup and analysis.
- Bulk data export.
- Server that includes a data browser and API.