Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Hello Archmages! Welcome to the developer wiki for CodeCombat. These documents are designed to give you everything you need to know, technical and non-technical, to dive into the project. If you see an opportunity to improve the docs, go ahead!
There are a variety of ways to get hack on CodeCombat related things. We have a developer chat room on Slack. Most people are in US Pacific Time (~GMT-8) but there are usually a few other players awake at other times.
- Set up the Developer Environment.
- Make a small first commit such as adding tips to the loading screen or adding documentation.
- Check out the Cookbook for answering all your CodeCombat-specific coding questions.
- Check out the Good for Newbies Issues.
- Browse the wiki to learn something new!
- Fix bugs.
- Bring up new ideas in our Slack channel.
- Hack to the max!
Note! This material is for Backbone on the frontend. A migration to Vue is ongoing, and gradually code and this wiki will evolve to match. See Vue Migration for more details.
- Mission Statement
- Developer Setup - Start here to get CodeCombat set up on your computer.
- Developer Organization
- Vue Migration
- Coding Guidelines
- Technical Overview
- Third Party Software and Services
- Coco Models
- Git Policies
- CodeCombat uses a Thang Component System architecture.
- Worlds simulate deterministically.
- The Surface is what we call our graphics layer.
- The Tome is our spell editor.
How do I learn Git?
Doing this quick course should get you up to speed with Git.
What are some larger projects I can do?
Here's our big project ideas list, which should give you some ideas about what you can contribute on.