Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 36 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
According to the CSTA, the Computer Science Teachers Association standards are designed to:
- Introduce the fundamental concepts of computer science to all students, beginning at the elementary school level.
- Present computer science at the secondary school level in a way that can fulfill a computer science, math, or science graduation credit.
- Encourage schools to offer additional secondary-level computer science courses that will allow interested students to study facets of computer science in more depth and prepare them for entry into the workforce or college.
- Increase the availability of rigorous computer science for all students, especially those who are members of under-represented groups.
CodeCombat helps fulfill those standards in a variety of ways!
- The design appeals to students of all ages.
- Students learn problem solving and computational thinking skills while learning core coding concepts.