Beacon (WDI Project-3 Group)
Synopsis & Inspiration
For our project we decided to tackle building a product from a General Assembly UX Design Immersive (UXDI) students final project named Beacon. Their summary of Beacon is:
Allows Lonely Planet users to connect with other travelers in the same region, so they can either meet up or read and share suggestions about off-the-beaten-path adventures and real-time events not found in guidebooks.
Our goal was to build a web app based on the specs of this project.
You can view the original project here.
- An API of your own design, built using Express & Mongoose, which serves JSON.
- Front-end JS code that updates the UI, and makes requests to the API using AJAX.
- Working collaboratively
This is a list of all user stories and what we determined to be included in our MVP.
MVP = *
As a User :
- sign-up using Facebook | user creation is easy
- create a profile w/ current location & interests | other uses can see it and customize profile pic
- add points of interests (maybe to map) |
- search other user by interest and/or location | find potential travel companions
- contact other users by email | we can decide to meet
- view other user profile | we can decide to meet
- add travel history | track my travels / other users can see it
- simple blog/travel log | share my experiences / participate in community
- upload travel photos
- customize my profile
- review other users
These are features we would like to update at a later time:
- On-boarding process
- Adding Geo-location (lat, lon) - ability to filter users by distance
- Filter by interests
- Push states
Meet the team: