This is the home page for documentation for the RecordTrac application.
- What is RecordTrac
- How to create a new RecordTrac app
- Technical details and developer documentation
- How to use RecordTrac
For help contact Code for America
What is RecordTrac?
RecordTrac is a public record request management tool for government agencies.
This web application allows government employees manage, respond to, and fulfill incoming requests. It also provides a quick, simple way for individuals to submit public record requests. RecordTrac displays all requests and responsive documents so that members of the public may find what they need without submitting additional public record requests.
- Best Practices
- Redeploy on Heroku
RecordTrac is primarily a Python application built on a backend Flask framework and a frontend Bootstrap framework.
RecordTrac is compatible with most modern browsers, including Internet Explorer 8 and above.
- Flask 0.10 is used as the backend Python framework.
- Bootstrap 2.3.2 is used as the frontend HTML/CSS/JS framework.
- Postgres 9.3.0 is used to manage the database.
- Python 2.7.5 is used as the foundational programming language.
- Font Awesome 3.2.1 is used to render all the icons on the site.
- SendGrid is used for all email notifications about requests.
- Akismet is used as a spam filter.
- Captcha is used to allow requesters to override the spam filter if necessary.
- Mozilla Persona is used to manage user authentication and password management.
Issues and feature backlog are tracked through GitHub issues.