A service that tracks harmful algal blooms (HAB).
Run the service using Docker
- You'll need a Docker Account (free) : https://docs.docker.com/
- Install Docker & Docker Compose following the official instructions for your platform: https://docs.docker.com/compose/install/
- Clone the repo.
docker-compose up(You may need to login on the CLI first)
- After setup, point your browser to http://localhost:5000/predict
To run the service...
- Start the server: Run flask_server.py from the 'servers' directory
- Call the service:
- In a browser go to localhost:5000/predict
- Or call post.bat in the 'clients' directory
To run the mobile client...
- Install Expo on your phone from Google Play or the iOS App Store.
- Install the Expo NPM module globally. https://expo.io/learn
- cd into app/safe-to-swim.
- On iOS :
exp start --send-to <your phone number or email>
- Open the link you receive via text message or email.
- On Android :
- Scan the resulting QR code with the Expo app on your phone.
To view the latest build of the mobile client
Load the Expo app on your phone:
Send yourself a link (iOS) or scan the barcode (Android) from this webpage : https://expo.io/@johnneed/safe-to-swim
- Identify algae blooms
- In Lake Champlain from user-uploaded images.
- From images uploaded by other users
- Serve data about presence of HABs through server API