OpenCart is a free open source ecommerce platform for online merchants. OpenCart provides a professional and reliable foundation from which to build a successful online store.
Reporting a bug
Read the instructions below before you create a bug report.
- Search the OpenCart forum, ask the community if they have seen the bug or know how to fix it.
- Check all open and closed issues on the GitHub bug tracker.
- If your bug is related to the OpenCart core code then please create a bug report on GitHub.
- READ the changelog for the master branch
- Use Google to search for your issue.
- Make sure that your bug/issue is not related to your hosting environment.
If you are not sure about your issue, it is always best to ask the community on our bug forum thread
- If your bug report is not related to the core code (such as a 3rd party module or your server configuration) then the issue will be closed without a reason. You must contact the extension developer, use the forum or find a commercial partner to resolve a 3rd party code issue.
- If you would like to report a serious security bug please PM an OpenCart moderator/administrator on the forum. Please do not report concept/ideas/unproven security flaws - all security reports are taken seriously but you must include the EXACT details steps to reproduce it. Please DO NOT post security flaws in a public location.
Making a suggestion
Please do not create a bug report if you think something needs improving / adding (such as features or change to code standards etc).
We welcome public suggestions on our User Voice site.
How to contribute
Fork the repository, edit and submit a pull request.
Please be very clear on your commit messages and pull request, empty pull request messages may be rejected without reason.
Your code standards should match the OpenCart coding standards. We use an automated code scanner to check for most basic mistakes - if the test fails your pull request will be rejected.
How to install
Please read the installation instructions included in the repository.