______ _ (, / ) /) ___/__) , /) /---( __ ___(/_ _ __ (, / // _/_ _ ) / ____)/ (_(_) /(___(/_/ (_ / _(_ /(_ (__/_)_ (_/ ( (_____ /) )(/
- Public transport operators in Europe must ensure that mobility impaired people can use their service. That's why more and more lifts are installed at train and subway stations. Broken lifts severly restrict the freedom of those people. Being stuck at a train platform not only makes a journey much longer, it is also disrespectful to the individual.
- BrokenLifts was born at December 3/4, 2011 at Random Hacks of Kindness, Berlin. There are pictures taken at RHoK Berlin on Flickr. Of course BrokenLifts is on Twitter.
- The project idea was brought to RHoK by Raul Krauthausen from Sozialhelden e.V. The initial project definition can still be found online. The slides we used for the final presentation can be seen on online. Moreover, the project was advertised at the 28th Chaos Communication Congress (28C3) in Berlin at December 29, 2011. The slides of the 28C3 Lightning Talk and the video recording are available online.
- The current version of the website is online at: http://brokenlifts.org.
The command line is your friend:
$ git clone email@example.com:sozialhelden/brokenlift.git $ cd brokenlift $ bundle install $ bundle exec rake db:create $ bundle exec rake db:migrate $ bundle exec rails s
If you have problems with installing the mysql2 gem, comment it in the Gemfile:
... group :default do gem 'pry-rails' # gem 'mysql2', '0.3.11' ...
If you want to use SQLite instead of MySQL please replace the content
config/database.yml with the
After you have installed everything it's time to fill the database with some random data. Please
perfom the rake task
bundle exec rake db:populate.
The project features a RESTful API which can be used to extract the scraped data. The default response format is JSON but other formats are also supported.
You will find a minimalistic but at least up-to-date API documentation in the wiki.
The screenshot shows the current version of the website.
- Christoph Bunte (@chris_can_do)
- Janosch Woschitz (@jwoschitz)
- Oliver Schmidt (@codejet)
- Matthias Guenther (@wikimatze)
- Esther Masermann
- Andi Weiland (@ohrenflimmern)
- Raul Krauthausen (@RAULDe)
Brought to you by:
- Julia Benndorf
- Florian Brasch (Awesome logo of awesomeness)
- Holger Dieterich
- Stefan Dühring
- Nick Fisher
- Duc Ngo Viet
- Tobias Preuss
- Marco Stahl