Shoestrap is a WordPress theme that’s based on HTML5 Boilerplate and Bootstrap from Twitter. It is a fork of the amazing Roots theme so in case you want to learn more about its core features and logic, visit the rootstheme doc
- HTML5 Boilerplate’s markup and
- Bootstrap from Twitter
- Theme wrapper
- Root relative URLs
- Clean URLs (no more
- All static theme assets are rewritten to the website root (
- Cleaner HTML output of navigation menus
- Cleaner output of
wp_headand enqueued scripts/styles
- Posts use the hNews microformat
- Multilingual ready
- Extended use of WordPress's customizer (introduced in WordPress 3.4)
- Uses less for styling and includes a php-less compiler.
- The compiled css can be minified.
When you get this theme from http://shoestrap.org/downloads/shoestrap/ a licence key will be emailed to you, which when entered on your dashboard (Themes -> Shoestrap) will provide you with automatic updates.