Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
CodePath Node.js Guides
Welcome to the open-source CodePath Node.js Cliffnotes! Our goal is to become the central crowdsourced resource for complete and up-to-date Node.js content and tutorials.
Ever been frustrated finding information on outdated one-off blog posts and tutorials that has since become irrelevant? How many times were you googling only to find your answer only on a 2 year old StackOverflow post? We believe there's got to be a better way. Why not have the community work together to create useful and detailed documentation for every aspect of Node.js (or any platform)? There's absolutely no reason that we should have to make do with outdated, vague or un-editable content anymore.
Read about our mission to change the way engineers learn new technologies and we would love for you to get involved! In addition, we are a fledgling startup so if you like this guide and what we are trying to do, please consider following us on twitter @codepath!
Great External Resources
Free Online Books:
- nodeschool.io (Amazing self-paced tutorials!) (Mixed)
- StrongLoop (Intermediate)
- Control-flow with Callbacks, Promises and yield (async/await) by StrongLoop (Basic)
- EventEmitter by Andrew Burgess (Basic)
- module.exports by Karl Seguin
- Promises in Node.js with Q
- NPM tricks (Basic)
- Debugging with Node-Inspector (Basic)
- Strange World of Node.js Design Patterns
- Top 10 Mistakes Node.js Developers Make
- Free Online Books:
- Perfection Kills by Kangax (Advanced)
Add your name to the list if you've made a contribution.