CAVEATS, FEATURE REQUESTS AND KNOWN BUGS
- No defensive copying (on input or output).
- No type coercion (e.g., String -> Number for zoom).
- Using == instead of ===.
- Many properties cannot be changed after load (e.g., tile size, URL).
- No (easy) way to lookup a GeoJSON elements by feature id.
- Missing in-code documentation, API reference.
- Include support (not just examples) for TileCache, TileStache, Bing?
- "move" event does not distinguish zoom / pan / zoom+pan events.
- "show" events are not supported on image tiles.
- There are no corresponding "unload" or "hide" events.
- There is no "error" event if a tile fails to load.
- Arrow control pans three times for two keydowns.
- Maps with no explicit size are auto-resized on window resize;
- This may miss resize based on DOM changes (e.g., element removal).
- This may generate spurious resize events for fixed-size parents.
- If the map is bigger than its parent, tiles are not automatically clipped.
- Assumes Mercator projection, with Google-y transform.
- Anti-aliasing artifacts are visible with smooth zooming / rescaled tiles.
- When translucent tiles are rescaled, they can overlap with other resolutions.
- Should prioritize tile requests from the center out.
- Create host-specific queues to allow more than 6 simultaneous requests?