Coder Cowboy Web Scripts
- written by Jason Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- on github: https://github.com/codercowboy/web-scripts
- more info: http://www.codercowboy.com
I tend to make personal sites with wordpress, but if I'm going even simpler, I'll just use a php script or two to generate some static html with a simple build script. There's random things a coder needs sometimes, and occasionally finding something that's just right on the web can be more difficult than just looking at a few examples and rolling something on your own.
If you have any questions, comments, kudos, criticisms about any of the scripts, e-mail me.
What the scripts do
- Write Variable To File - helps developers snapshot (or serialize..) the current state of php objects (or primitives..) into php initialization code.
- WWS Mailer - lets visitors contact you through your website, while hiding your e-mail address.
- WWS Background Scaler - scales background images to fit the entire browser window without repeating the image.
All scripts are licensed with the Apache license, which is a great license because, essentially it:
- a) covers liability - my code should work, but I'm not liable if you do something stupid with it
- b) allows you to copy, fork, and use the code, even commercially
- c) is non-viral, that is, your derivative code doesn't have to be open source to use it
Other great licensing options for your own code: the BSD License, or the MIT License.
Here's the license:
Copyright (c) 2012, Coder Cowboy, LLC. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official policies, either expressed or implied.